Tuesday June 2, 2009 - Goodbye Strollo's

Sometimes when a restaurant closes it's as if you have lost a friend. Today I had that feeling after finding out that one of our favorite lunch spots has closed, unable to withstand the current economic challenges. Strollo's Cucina Due in Winter Park has gone the way of so many local restaurants these days and shut it's doors. It certainly was not for lack of quality. Their food was always great - especially their baked goods. I still have one loaf of their multigrain bread left in my freezer. And their chocolate espresso cupcake was out of this world. We are really going to miss that place.

The music of Queen was part of the soundtrack of my adolescence. Sadly it comes back to me for less nostalgic reasons as I read about more and more local restaurants that have been forced to close. I can't help it. I just find myself singing that familiar anthem once again. "Another one Bites the Dust."



Dessert


Weight Watchers Peanut Butter Delight cup with FF Redi-Whip (3 Pts)

Dinner
Leftovers from Bosphorus, Winter Park FL

Yogurt Adana Kebap (10 Pts)
Lavash bread & Eggplant dip (6 Pts)

Snack

WW Chocolate Chip Brownie Bar - sample (1 Pt)


Lunch

Egg Salad Sandwich (4.5 Pts)
Kettle Baked Salt & Vinegar Chips (1 Pt)
Cucumber salad (0 Pts)
Diet Green Tea (0 Pts)



Breakfast

Kashi Go Lean Crunch & Fiber One mixed, blueberries (1 Pt)
Activia Light Raspberry Yogurt (1 Pt)
Coffee with 1% milk (1 Pt)

Comments

Popular Posts