Beef so nice I ate it twice

This evening we ate hamburgers I had leftover from yesterday. I didn't have any more sweet potatoes to make more fries so instead I borrowed from the onion ring recipe in the Hungry Girl cookbook to make a crispy onion straw topping for the burgers. However I gave it my own little bit of a twist. Instead of making traditional thick onion rings to eat on the side, I used a mandolin to very thinly slice half an onion then put the slices in a bag. I added some egg white, ground up fiber one cereal and about a tsp of canola oil and mixed them all around until the onions were nicely coated. Then I removed them from the bag and cooked them on a cookie sheet in a 400 degree oven until they were crispy and brown. They made a great guilt free treat piled high on our burgers. Who says full flavor has to be fattening?

Dessert

Weight Watchers mint ice cream cone (2 Pts)


Dinner

Grass fed beef burger, onion straws, cheese sauce (9 Pts)
Corn on the cob (2 Pts)
Fresca (0)


Lunch
First Watch, Longwood FL

Egg White Omelette with turkey, spinach, tomato & feta (5 Pts)
Dry Rye Toast (3 Pts)
Fruit cup (.5 Pts)
Diet Coke (0)

Breakfast

Fiber One Honey Oat Clusters, 1% milk, Blueberries (4 Pts)
Coffee with 1% milk (1 Pt)



Comments

Popular Posts