Monday June 1, 2009 - Using my Pantry & Freezer

Dessert

Weight Watcher Mint Ice Cream Sandwich (2 Pts)

Dinner

Pasta with bacon & goat cheese (12 Pts)
Garlic Bread (2 Pts)


To make the pasta first I cooked about 8 oz of pasta (a mix of whole wheat
and regular that were from half used boxes in the pantry) drained it and put it aside. In a separate pan I cooked 4 slices of chopped bacon until it was crisp. I removed most of the bacon grease from the pan, replaced it with some olive oil and then added 1/2 chopped onion and 5 cloves of chopped garlic (we like garlic). I cooked the onions and garlic until they were translucent. At this point I added the pasta to the pan and stirred it around until the onion mixture was well dispersed. Then I added about 1/2 cup of chopped roasted red peppers (from a jar I had in the pantry) and a can of chopped tomatoes (also from the pantry) and stirred those in. I added salt, pepper to taste, a sprinkling of Splenda (to cut the acid of the tomatoes) and about a tsp of dried basil. Finally I added some goat cheese (about 2 oz) and stirred that in until it had melted. I served this with a little crumble of a of the goat cheese and a sprinkling of freshly grated Parmesan cheese. This made 4 servings. It got a thumbs up from Marty!

Snack


Mint Cookie Crisp Mini Bar (1 Pt)

Lunch

Weight Watchers Chicken Quesadilla, guacamole, light sour cream (5 Pts)
Cucumber salad (0 Pts)
Diet green tea (0 Pts)

Breakfast

Barbara's Bakery Shredded Spoonfuls, blueberries, 1% Milk (3 Pts)
Coffee with 1% milk (1 Pt)

Comments

Popular Posts