Going off Script

When you act in a play, you memorize words that are not your own and take on another persona. The journey you take is mapped out by the playwright and your director and for the few hours that you are on stage, you invite the audience in and they come along for the ride. Along the way, true magic happens in the moments when you stop acting all together and find yourself just being. You are not thinking about your next line or stage direction and it all flows out of you naturally. That's when the experience transcends the fantasy of story telling and the audience is pulled in to an even deeper place. The wall is gone and they are in the moment with you. I honestly only had that happen myself a few times on stage but they remain vividly imprinted in my memory - because it is a really great feeling to be that grounded and authentic in something. The highest compliment I can ever offer any of my actor friends is to admit that I no longer saw "them" on stage - only the character they were portraying.

Ideally at some point you want the journey of weight loss and maintenance to make a similar shift. You want to reach a point when you are living the lifestyle rather than acting it. When what once you had to think about and rehearse, becomes second nature. I have maintained my own weight loss for a year and a half now and I really want to put down the script and see how well I can perform without it. I need to find out if I am simply acting the part or if I have transcended to that authentic grounded place where I am actually living it.

So as I make this shift to really focusing on living the lifestyle, you will notice that my posts no longer show points values. I hope you will enjoy being in this moment with me.

Dessert

Mint Ice Cream Sandwich

Dinner

Tomatoes, onion & blue cheese crumbles with a drizzle of balsamic vinegar
3.5 oz 90% Lean Grass fed beef burger on whole wheat slider bun, with caramelized onions and cheese sauce (sharp cheddar & light cream cheese melted together)
Vegetarian Baked Beans
Corn on the cob with Smart Balance 37% Light spread



Lunch

Pulled pork on Arnold Select Multi-Grain Bread with Tomato & Onion
Vegetarian Baked Beans
Cucumber & Onion Salad


Breakfast

Kashi Honey Oat Clusters, 1% milk, blueberries
Coffee with 1% milk

Comments

Popular Posts