Thursday June 4, 2009 Some Tex-Mex Flavors

Dessert

Sugar Free low fat Tapioca pudding with FF Redi-Whip (2 Pts)

Dinner

Chipotle Chicken & hominy tostadas (9.5Pts)



To make the tostadas I removed two chicken & cilantro sausages from their casings and cooked them in 1 Tbsp canola oil until browned; Then I added 1/2 chopped sweet onion and 1 small chopped green pepper and sauteed them until they were soft. Then I added to the pan, one can of hominy drained and rinsed, one can of chopped tomatoes with green chilis; one chopped chipotle pepper in adobe sauce; 1 tsp cumin, and about 2 tbsp of chopped fresh cilantro.



While this mixture simmered on low I took 6 small corn tortillas (three at a time) sprinkled them with kosher salt and microwaved them for 3 minutes until crispy. This is a great way to get crunchy tortillas without any added fat. In a separate dish I melted 1 oz of cheddar cheese together with 4 tbsp of weight watchers cream cheese in the microwave (about 30 secs). To assemble for each serving, I put a spoonful of the chicken & hominy mixture on top of 2 of the tortillas and drizzled some of the cheese mixture over them. Then I topped them with shredded lettuce, a Tbsp of guacamole, a Tbsp of light sour cream and some salsa. I used the third tortilla, broken up in pieces, to scoop up any fallout! I had enough chicken mixture left over for another two servings.


Lunch


1/2 corned beef sandwich on rye with grilled onions (7.5 Pts)
Kettle Baked BBQ chips (1 Pt)
pickle (0 Pts)
Water (0 Pts)


Breakfast

Fiber One Cereal, Activia Light Raspberry yogurt, bananas & blueberries (1.5 Pts)
Coffee with 1% milk (1 Pt)


Comments

Popular Posts