Out of Practice

Okay I'll admit that I haven't been very good about posting lately. It seems that once I went away on vacation I got out of the habit of doing this and I have struggled to get back into the routine. Either I forget to bring my camera or I have my camera but forget to take a picture or I just forget to do the entire thing. So I am hoping that I am back on track.

Today was a busy day in the kitchen beginning with part two of the bagel making process. This batch was a little more successful than the first. The dough came closer to the "windowpane" consistency and I actually managed to make the holes big enough that they didn't close down in the proofing and baking process. So I am improving. I still need to tweak the application of the "everything" mix. This time I started out with the poppy seeds and sesame seeds separate from the rehydrated onions & garlic and halfway through decided to just mix them all together. That was not the best idea because the mix got clumpy and didn't stick to the bagels as well as I would have liked. Next time I think I will try mixing the dehydrated onion & garlic together with the seeds and just let them absorb the dampness of the boiled bagel. I think they will stick better initially that way. We'll see.

For dinner I made tamales again. This time I made a filling of pork carnitas. They were really tasty. I was pleased with the results. Two for two. I like it when things come out well!

Dessert

Weight Watchers Mint Ice Cream Sandwich

Dinner

Homemade Pork Tamale, light sour cream, salsa & guacamole
Salad with Fat Free Italian Vinaigrette


Lunch
Leftover from Pizzaria Valdiano, Orlando FL

1 slice pizza, fresh mozzarella, meatball, onions & garlic



Breakfast

Homemade Everything Mini Bagel with Smart Balance Light and Sugar Free Orange Marmalade
Coffee with 1% milk


Comments

Popular Posts