More Soup for Me

I knew I had one more hurdle in front of me this weekend - a family birthday celebration. And I knew the celebration would happen with pizza. So I tried to keep things in moderation the rest of today. For lunch I made a simple soup. I softened some onions and garlic in about a tablespoon of olive oil. Then I added 4 cups of vegetable broth, a pound of sliced carrots, about 2 Tbsp of sliced fresh ginger and a 1/2 cup of fresh pineapple. I cooked the soup until the carrots and ginger were tender then I used an immersion blender on it until it was smooth. I mixed in 4 Tbsp of half and half, and nutmeg, cinnamon, curry powder, salt and pepper to taste. Lastly I added some Splenda (again to taste) for a little sweetness. I garnished the soup with a few sliced almonds. It hit the spot.

Breakfast

Soft Boiled Egg
Thomas' Light MultiGrain Muffin with Smart Balance Light
Sliced Tomato
Coffee with 1% milk

Lunch

Curried Carrot, Pineapple & Ginger soup (sliced almond garnish)
Pumpernickel Bread with Weight Watchers Whipped Cream Cheese


Dinner
Carmela's of Brooklyn, Longwood FL

Tossed salad with Italian Dressing on the side
3 slices Grandma's Pizza (Meatball garlic & Onion, fresh mozzarella, thin crust)




Comments

Popular Posts