Can I try that in a smaller size?

It's no wonder that so many people struggle with weight issues when our portion sizes in this country have gotten totally out of control. It always amazes me when I can take what is served as a single portion in a restaurant and eat off of it for days on end. After using some of the leftover gyro meat in my salad at lunch today, I still have enough for one more meal!

For dinner we had leftover burgers. I started out with 4 oz of meat in each so once they were grilled the portion was a reasonable 3-3.5 oz. These burgers fit nicely on small dinner sized wheat rolls and were completely satisfying. I split a single slice of bacon between the two burgers and that too was more than enough. The best part is that instead of feeling overstuffed and guilty from eating a huge over-sized burger, I came away perfectly satiated and guilt free.

Breakfast

Barbara's Bakery Shredded Spoonfuls with blueberries and 1% milk
Coffee with 1% milk







Lunch

Salad with gyro meat and grated Parmesan and 1/4 pita
Cup of fresh fruit


Dinner

90/10 Grass fed beef burger on wheat roll with arugula, tomato, onion, apple wood smoked bacon and light cheese sauce.
Baked Chipotle Sweet potato fries



Comments

Popular Posts