Next time I'll go Light

Recently I tried a gelati for the first time. If you have never had one, it's soft serve ice cream or custard layered with Italian ice ... and it's good. Tonight we tried the gelati at Rita's which is a National franchise that just opened a location nearby. I was pleased to learn that they offer a fat free soft serve and a different sugar free Italian ice flavor every day which makes it a pretty reasonable treat (3 pts for a regular size). I will however confess that tonight I didn't go that route. The sugar free flavor was root beer - which is something I love - but their version was kind of bland so I opted for a regular Italian Ice flavor - raspberry lemonade. It was nicely tart/sweet with pieces of fresh raspberries throughout - truly lovely. Sadly I didn't notice the flyer on the fat free ice cream until after I was already digging into my regular version. Oh well. This was going to be a one time splurge for us to check out the place - now that I know they have a really light option we can splurge more often!

Breakfast

Kashi Heart to Heart cereal with bluebarries & 1% milk
Coffee with 1% milk

Lunch

Turkey "cobb" sandwich on pumpernickel
(Lettuce, tomato, onion, cucumber, avocado, turkey, blue cheese & bacon crumbles)
BBQ Kettle Baked Chips
Peach



Dinner

Salad with Ginger Dressing and sliced almonds
Shrimp Green Curry with brown rice




Dessert
Rita's, Apopka FL

Raspberry lemonade / Vanilla Gelati

Comments

Popular Posts