Don't close that ... trunk!

So I went shopping this morning and when I took my groceries out to the car I locked them in the trunk, along with my keys. As a result, I wound up eating lunch at a little Greek restaurant nearby while I waited for the cavalry (aka Marty) to arrive with a spare key. While I love this place, I'm just saying it wasn't in the plans. I was still really aggravated with myself when I sat down in the restaurant and distracted by the situation so I ordered kind of weird. First I ordered a Gyro with the sauce on the side and then realized that I really wanted more veggies. So I ordered a small Greek salad and ate some of the gyro meat and pita bread along with it. Now I have more than enough leftover meat for another lunch or two. I suppose this is not a bad thing.

For dinner I made burgers. I started with 4 oz of 90/10 grass fed beef for each one which cooked down to about 3 - 3.5 oz on the grill. I topped them with grilled onions and a cheese sauce that I made by melting some light whipped cream cheese together with some sharp cheddar for flavor. On the side I made an arugula salad with fresh figs, toasted walnuts, shaved parmesan and a crumble of applewood smoked bacon with a raspberry balsamic vinaigrette. To make the dressing I took a few spoonfuls of sugar free strawberry preserves (Polaner) and a few fresh raspberries and heated them together in the microwave until the preserves had melted and the berries had broken down. Then I mixed in some balsamic vinegar, a little olive oil, some chopped shallots and salt & pepper to taste.

Dinner

90/10 Grass Fed Beef burger on whole wheat roll with light cheese sauce and grilled onions
Arugula, fig and walnut salad with raspberry balsamic dressing and shaved parmesan
and for dessert (not pictured) lemon Italian ice gelati




Lunch
Mykonos, Longwood FL

Greek Salad with Gyro meat and 1/2 pita




Breakfast

Kashi Heart to Heart Cereal with blueberries & 1% milk
Coffee with 1% milk



Comments

Popular Posts