Sunday May 31, 2009

Dessert

1/2 the apple fritter from Bula Donut's that has been screaming at me from inside our freezer. Well I silenced that little bugger tonight, so there! (4 Pts)

Dinner

Cold watermelon & yogurt soup (1.5 Pts)
Grilled Marinated Pork Chop (5.5 Pts)
Oven Baked Maple Crunch Sweet Potato Fries (3.5 Pts)
Steamed broccoli with smart balance light (.5 Pts)
Water


To make the watermelon soup I added about 4 cups of cubed watermelon to a blender, along with the juice of one lemon, 1 tbsp of honey, 4 Tbsp Slpenda, about 3 Tbsp of non fat greek style yogurt and some dried mint leaves. I blended it all together and served it over crushed ice with a strawberry garnish. Makes 3 - 4 servings.


To make these fries I cut one large sweet potato into planks and placed them in a zip lock bag. I added 1 tbsp of canola oil and 1 tbsp of maple syrup to the bag. I ground about 1/2 cup of Original fiber one cereal into a fine bread crumb consistency and added it to the bag along with some cinnamon and splenda. I sealed the bag and massaged everything all around until all the fries were coated with the mixture. I removed the coated potato pieces from the bag and placed them on a parchment lined baking sheet, sprinkled them with kosher salt and cooked them in a 400 degree oven until they were crispy.


After Lunch


Weight Watchers Peanut Butter Cookie (1 Pt)


Lunch

Egg salad sandwich (5.5 Pts)
Cucumber salad (0 Pts)
Diet Green Tea (0 Pts)


Breakfast

Homemade Everything bagel, smart balance light, SF marmalade (3.5 Pts)
Coffee with 1% milk (1 Pt)
Fresh Fruit (.5 Pts)

Comments

Popular Posts