A Change of Seasons

September marks the fifth month that I've been doing this blog and I find that I have reached a point where I am rethinking my approach. I began with the hopes that showing what I eat every day, while still maintaining my weight loss, would be an inspiration to those who think that healthy mindful eating dooms them to a life of carrot sticks and grilled chicken. Hopefully, I have fulfilled that purpose. All you have to do is look back through the archives of these past four months to see that I have eaten well and I am happy to say that I still weighed in last week within my lifetime goal range. But now I find that my own needs for this blog are evolving.

Frankly, documenting every meal I eat has become a little tiresome. There are nights when I simply don't want to be sitting in front of the computer at 11:30 downloading the days pictures and writing an entry. I also wonder how many pictures of Barbara's Shredded Spoonfuls with blueberries and 1% milk you care to see? The truth is that there is a lot of redundancy to my diet and if I am bored showing you what I ate, I have no doubt that you must be bored looking at it.

What I have enjoyed sharing with you are my adventures in cooking like my determination to create a healthy alternative to a traditional Boba drink, experimenting with Ethiopian food or my first foray into making homemade bagels. As I continue along my own personal journey of weight loss maintenance I want to explore creating even more home crafted meals with a focus on using local and sustainable foods. We eat out a lot so I want to share more about my experiences there. And as we travel, which we also like to do a lot, I want to have the time to share the things I discover about moving throughout the world and enjoying the foods we encounter while still keeping a mindful eye on staying healthy.

So please bare with me as my blog and I evolve. From now on I won't be posting every day as I take a "quality over quantity" approach. I always tell the members in my meetings, this is a lifelong journey and we continue to learn and grow as we go along. If you choose to, I invite you to travel along with me and together we will see where this next road takes us.

In the meantime, I splurged for the holiday and made some really good French toast for breakfast this morning and for dinner I slowly smoked some ribs on the grill. Roasted cauliflower with garlic and baked sweet potato fries rounded out the meal. Yum!





Comments

Popular Posts