Soft Rye Pretzels


If you know me you know that I love cookbooks. I can't help it, I'm just drawn to them. My latest purchase is called Good to the Grain by Kim Boyce.



I like that it is not only a book full of recipes that use a variety of healthy and interesting whole grain flours, but that her focus was on making sure that these recipes were also delicious. Today I tried her recipe for soft rye pretzels. If everything else in the book is as yummy as these, then I can't wait to keep baking! Maybe next I'll try the maple danish. I'll keep you posted.


The pretzels proof for a second time while the water bath heats up.


Then they take a 60 second bath in boiling water with baking soda.


After they come out of the bath you salt them and place them on a buttered cookie sheet.


They bake at 450 for anywhere from 12-18 minutes until they are nice and brown.


I couldn't wait and dug right in. It was great!

Comments

Popular Posts