Potato and Green Bean Salad with Poached Egg

Marty jokes that I will spend more time making a single lunch for myself than he used to spend making a weeks worth of meals. But for me the time I spend in the kitchen is often therapeutic. I get lost in the process of creating a meal. It's not unlike how I feel when I paint.

Today I had the idea that I wanted to do something with some of the fresh string beans from the garden and  my homemade pastrami. This is what I came up with. I sautéed a potato in a little olive oil along with some chopped up pieces of the pastrami.  Then I steamed the beans with a little roasted garlic and combined them all in a bowl. I made a light honey mustard vinaigrette with dill and drizzled it over the salad. Then I poached an egg and placed it on top of the salad. A little lemon zest and chopped chives completed the dish.

It was worth the effort.

Comments

Popular Posts