Let's Try This Again in 2010

So I realize that I disappeared for a few months and I suppose you could say I had a bit of a foodie meltdown. It began when I found myself rethinking my original concept of posting all that I ate every single day because frankly I was no longer enjoying the process. The whole thing had just become a lot of work. Ultimately as the holidays approached I was totally overwhelmed.

I decided that in order to ease my load I would simply consolidate this with my family blog. But truth be told, that wasn't as practical as I thought it would be. Although there may be some crossover interest the two really are separate entities and by mixing them up I was muddying the waters. In some ways it's not unlike painting. Sometimes you can get stuck working on a particular spot. You don't like how it looks and you can't quite figure out at the time how to get it to work but instead of putting your brush down and walking away you keep fiddling with it. Before you know it you end up with a big overworked, muddy mess. Well when I realized that I was heading down that muddy road with this blog, I decided to simply take a breather, step back, clean my brush and regroup.

Now I'm back and ready to continue documenting my meals and culinary adventures especially as they relate to my desire to stay at a fit and healthy weight. But I plan to do so in a much more fluid manner. It is necessary to allow this blog to evolve. Weight maintenance is not a stagnant thing - it's a journey. I'm certainly not the same person I was a year ago so it makes sense that my blog reflects that fact. If you are game and want to see where the road takes me this year, you have an open invitation to travel along with me. You know where to find me.

Comments

Popular Posts