Good for the Soul ... and the Tummy!


Marty felt a little under the weather earlier in the week so I broke out the magic elixir known as matzo ball soup. I'll admit that up to now, when it came to matzo ball soup, I would buy the matzo balls in a jar and add them to my own soup. However, I thought that it was high time that I left the Manischewitz on the shelf and made them myself.

Now having been raised Catholic, matzo balls were not exactly a staple in my diet but hey, that's what recipes are for. So this shiksa rolled up her sleeves and made her ailing hubby some homemade matzo ball soup. A mighty tasty soup it turned out to be too, even if I do say so myself.

OK, I confess those are grilled cheese sandwiches you see along with it - not Kosher. Marty doesn't keep Kosher. Truth be told, he hasn't been to a synagogue since he was a kid. This meal was simply about comfort food. When you don't feel well, there are certain foods that just fit the bill. In this case, these were the few that sounded appealing to him. And when your tummy is upset, you have to follow your gut - literally. So grilled cheese and matzo ball soup it was. He felt better and that's all that mattered to me.

Comments

Popular Posts