Pumpkin Ravioli

So the temperature is dropping here. It finally feels like fall. And I have begun harvesting Seminole pumpkins from my garden. That means it's time to start trying out pumpkin recipes. Tonight I opted for pumpkin ravioli and I kept it nice and local.

First I made my own pasta dough using unbleached all purpose white ultra-grain flour, olive oil, salt, and local eggs from Lake Meadow Naturals Farm.

While it rested, I made the filling using pumpkin puree from my garden, ricotta cheese that I made myself from organic milk, some grated pecorino romano cheese, an egg, fennel seeds, nutmeg, cinnamon, allspice, brown sugar, salt & pepper.

For the sauce I used some browned butter,  minced shallot, sage and some organic carrot/orange juice. I made the sauce while the ravioli were cooking and then added them directly into the pan with a little of the pasta water until they were nicely coated.

A little grating of pecorino romano completed the plate.



Pumpkin Ravioli with Carrot & Orange Brown Butter Sauce



Yum!

Comments

Popular Posts